The Cardiac Care Unit (CCU) at Dar AlHekma Hospital is located right beside the Cardiac Catheterization Lab with a special access to it, making it safe for all cardiac patients to be around all the doctors and nurses specialized in treating their conditions.
The CCU has 8 fully qualified beds and a team experienced in treating cardiac patients. The CCU is specific for patients with heart attacks, unstable angina, cardiac dysrhythmia and various other cardiac diseases.
- From 1 pm till 2 pm
- From 7 pm till 8 pm
The Cardiac Catheterization Lab at Dar AlHekma is always ready with the team of doctors, nurses and technicians for all emergent and non-emergent cases.
The Cardiac Catheterization is either diagnostic or therapeutic.
Some of the tests can be done to:
- Locate if you have blockages or narrowed areas in your blood vessels (angiogram)
- Check if the heart’s pumping function is working efficiently.
- Diagnose congenital heart defects
- Make a hemodynamic assessment
- Make a biopsy
The Cardiac Catheterization is used in some procedures to treat heart diseases including:
- Closure of holes in the heart and fixing congenital heart defects
- Replacing or repairing heart valves
- Balloon valvuloplasty
- Angioplasty with or without stent placement
- Heart arrhythmia treatment
- Alcohol septal ablation