The vascular and interventional radiology is a therapeutic and diagnostic medical sub-specialty of radiology.
The concept behind IR is the use of minimally invasive image-guided procedures to diagnose and treat patients using the least invasive techniques in order to minimize the risk for any patient in comparison to undergoing surgery.
Interventional Radiology is used in treating a wide range of diseases including:
- Cerebral Hemorrhage
- Aretrio Venus Malformation
- Varicose Veins and Varicolcele
- Hepato Cellular Carcinoma
- Uterine Fibroids
- Benign Prostate Hypertrophy
- CT/Ultrasound Guided Biopsy
- Insertion of Portacath and Permcath